Ferring announces recipients of 2018-19 Innovation Grants
- Ferring Pharmaceuticals today announced the recipients of the 2018-19 Ferring Innovation Grants Program
- This year’s program is focused on reproductive medicine and women’s health, gastroenterology and hepatology, urology, and biomarker discovery
Saint-Prex, Switzerland – 3 December, 2018 –
Ferring Pharmaceuticals today announced the recipients of the 2018-19 Ferring Innovation Grants Program, an annual initiative of the Ferring Research Institute (FRI) based in San Diego. This year the program focused on reproductive medicine and women’s health, gastroenterology and hepatology, urology, and biomarker discovery. The grant recipients, together with the titles of their projects, are:
- Fiona Cousins, PhD – Hudson Institute of Medical Research, Monash University
New treatment of endometriosis in a preclinical model
- Laurent Derré, PhD – University Hospital of Lausanne (CHUV)
Immunotherapeutic strategies targeting ILC2 and MDSCs to treat bladder cancer
- Marta Dueñas, PhD – Fundación para la Investigación Hospital 12 de Octubre
Evaluation of miRNAs and miRNA derived peptides (miPEPs) in liquid biopsies for bladder cancer diagnosis, prognosis and BCG treatment response
- Tracey Edgell, PhD – Hudson Institute of Medical Research, Monash University
A novel non-hormonal therapeutic path for improving pregnancy success rates
- Pradipta Ghosh, MD – University of California, San Diego
Boolean Algorithms to Develop Precision Macrophage Reprogramming Therapeutics in IBD: From Math to (Wo)Man
- Emmet Hirsch, MD – NorthShore University HealthSystem
Surfactant Protein A (SP-A): A novel agent to prevent preterm birth
- Harmeet Malhi, MB, BS – Mayo Clinic
Hepatocyte-derived extracellular vesicle sphingolipidomics are a diagnostic and prognostic biomarker in nonalcoholic steatohepatitis
- Hiroshi Miyamoto, MD, PhD – University of Rochester
The role of latrophilins in urothelial tumorigenesis: a novel chemopreventive target for bladder cancer
“We received a record number of applications in response to the 2018-19 Ferring Innovation Grants call for proposals. The quality of the submissions was outstanding, and those selected for funding represent the leading edge of research and innovation in their respective fields,” said Keith James, President Ferring Research Institute, Senior Vice President Research & Development.
About Ferring Research Institute, Inc.
Located in San Diego, California, Ferring Research Institute, Inc. (FRI) is a global therapeutics research center for Ferring Pharmaceuticals. FRI is committed to delivering a pipeline of innovative therapies which improve the lives of patients in the areas of reproductive medicine and women’s health, urology, gastroenterology and hepatology. For more detailed information please visit www.ferring-research.com.
About Ferring Pharmaceuticals
Ferring Pharmaceuticals is a research-driven, specialty biopharmaceutical group committed to helping people around the world build families and live better lives. Headquartered in Saint-Prex, Switzerland, Ferring is a leader in reproductive medicine and women’s health, and in specialty areas within gastroenterology and urology. Ferring has been developing treatments for mothers and babies for over 50 years and has a portfolio covering treatments from conception to birth. Founded in 1950, privately-owned Ferring now employs approximately 6,500 people worldwide, has its own operating subsidiaries in nearly 60 countries and markets its products in 110 countries.