Ferring announces leadership appointments to drive next phase of growth
Saint-Prex, Switzerland – 1st April 2022
Ferring has announced key leadership appointments to ensure it is well-placed to deliver on the next exciting phase of its growth strategy. This includes developing and launching new therapies in the field of reproductive medicine and maternal health and other specialty areas of medicine such as the microbiome and uro-oncology.
Lars Rebien Sørensen, Chairman of the Board of Directors since July 2021, has been appointed to the role of Executive Chairman with immediate effect. Changes are also being made to further strengthen the Executive Committee:
- Mirjam Mol-Arts, Chief Medical and Science Officer, has decided to retire in Q3 2022, and this position is being split into two roles.
- Armin Metzger, currently Head of Global Technical Operations and Chief Production Officer, will succeed Mirjam as Chief Science Officer.
- A search is underway for a new Chief Medical Officer and Mirjam will continue in this role until a successor is appointed.
- Alessandro Gilio joins the Executive Committee to replace Armin as Chief Manufacturing and Supply Officer.
- Christelle Beneteau, Chief Human Resources Officer, has been appointed to the Executive Committee.
The Executive Chairman of Ferring, Lars Rebien Sørensen, said: “I am looking forward to supporting the Executive Committee as Ferring builds on its unique heritage to deliver a new and even more exciting phase of growth”.
President of Ferring, Per Falk, also said: “I would especially like to welcome the new members of the Executive Committee, Alessandro and Christelle, who will play a key role in achieving our mission of building families and helping people live better lives, as well as attracting and developing talented people at Ferring”.