Senior Statistical Programmer
Ferring Pharmaceuticals A/S, Copenhagen, Denmark
Research and Development, Denmark.
Driven by research and a passion for science Ferring Pharmaceuticals is a biopharmaceutical company dedicated to the development of innovative treatments that make a real difference in people’s lives all over the world. Active in the areas of reproductive health, urology, gastroenterology, endocrinology and orthopaedics, we develop medicine on the body's own terms. We believe in the power of people and research - and go where ideas and research take us.
Global Biometrics consists of more than 25 highly skilled and engaged employees in Denmark, USA, Japan and China along with off-shore capabilities. We are proud to be the Biometrics’ center of expertise for the whole Ferring Group and we aim to add value to projects providing state-of-the-art solutions and high quality deliveries. We are divided into 3 teams; Clinical Data Management, Statistical Operations and Biostatistics.
You will be part of a dynamic team in a stimulating international research environment, where high influence on the working processes can be gained.
You can expect to be working according to highest standards of current practice in order to fulfill the company’s needs for clinical data acceptable worldwide for regulatory purposes, planning future clinical research or marketing purposes. The Statistical Operations team consists of 5 permanent employees and +20 external consultants both off shore and local.
The main areas of responsibilities include:
- Leading statistical programming activities including supporting central monitoring for a project
- Establish, recommend and / or implement programming standards and tools focusing on efficiency gains within and across projects.
- Communicate to management on project status and resource issues
- Specify requirements, review and manage deliverables for outsourced trials / activities according to Global Biometrics standards
- Produce datasets and associated documentation for eCTDs (submission) as per regulatory requirements
- Participate in the development of and ensure compliance to Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs), policies and guidelines
- Keeping up to date with technological developments and regulatory updates within the area
We expect you to hold a M.Sc. degree within computer science or comparable qualifications. Extensive experience with SAS programming including at least SAS/Base, SAS/Macros, SAS/SQL, SAS/Graph, SAS/Stat, SAS/ODS as well as good knowledge of CDISC standards. Working knowledge of other programming languages/packages (e.g. R, S-plus, Python, Java, Visual Basic, JMP clinical and QlikSense) is an advantage.
Experience with the full width of statistical programming processes and related processes / interactions are an asset as well.
You have the ability to work independently and as part of a project team and are keen on working in a multicultural environment. You have strong analytical and problem-solving skills and an innovative mindset, always in search of efficiency gains.
Excellent knowledge of MS Office and fluency in English with good verbal and written communication skills is a given.
Further information about the position can be obtained by contacting Director, Global Biometrics, Bjarke Klein on +45 28 78 74 11.
Your application and CV in English should be sent as soon as possible but no later than 2nd March 2018, as we will be reviewing incoming applications on an on-going basis. Please click here to apply.